Opticallimits

Full Version: new Voigtlander Nokton 10.5mm f/0.95 MFT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nice.

However, it's huge and heavy compared to the new Nikkor 20mm f/1.8 which is pretty much its FF equivalent (in terms of DOF).

frank

This is cool! = 21mm f1.9 in terms of FX. I love it, but I don't know if I will love the price also.

Indeed it is not ridiculously big, if you compare it to the 17.5mm f0.95: 586g vs 540g, 82mm x 77mm vs 80mm vs 63mm. The 10.5mm is fatter only at its head end.

The minimum focus distance of 17cm is also quite impressive.

[Image: Voigtlander-10-5mm-on-Olympus-OMD-EM5-P1...fe721e.jpg]

[Image: voitglander-10-5-mm-095-5_1410887107_zps668b4aba.jpg]

This is likely the second craziest mass(ish) production lens I've ever heard about.  :o

frank

I think the craziest production is this one (at least among the photo productions in recent years):

[Image: Leica-M-Edition-60-camera-back1.jpg]
If this had been the lens, it would've gained the crown, yes. I even thought it's a mocking fake, until I saw the news on DPReview. I failed to find the price but somehow I suspect that it will... command a hefty premium compared to the original, despite being a lot LESS useful. Nuckin' futs, that's all I can say.

Should be pretty decent.

The other Noktons are.

frank

Quote:Nice.

However, it's huge and heavy compared to the new Nikkor 20mm f/1.8 which is pretty much its FF equivalent (in terms of DOF).

Sizes are similar, Weight, the Nikkor is lighter becauses it uses cheap materials.
Still no AF. They should have at least an aperture coupling by now. This is not THAT difficult.

Pages: 1 2 3