Opticallimits

Full Version: ...HDR with the Nikon V2 ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ronnie B

...is anyone doing HDR ( 3 images in succession ) with the V2 ? ...if so, what is the camera / process setup ??? thanx  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

You are out of luck in that Nikon does not put automatic exposure bracketing in the 1 series, and the D3x00 series. 

This means that you have to do it yourself, which means you lose speed and have to be careful not to move the camera meanwhile. 

Put the camera on a sturdy tripod. Put the camera in manual exposure mode, and choose an aperture you want to use. Meter a scene and take a shot (the "middle" one). Lets say you shot it at 1/400th of a second. You then set the exposure time to 1/100th of a second (two stops difference), and take another shot (resulting in an over exposed shot). Then you set the exposure time to 1/1600th of a second and take another shot (the under exposed shot).

Now you have 3 shots with 4 stops extra room to crunch into one HDR image.

Ronnie B

...thanx for the update... I'll give that a try or play with some variations of that !  B)  B)  B)

frank

I find the HDR function in my iphone camera is quite nice. I have never tried "exposure bracketing then HDR" with my DSLR handheld and don't know how it works (good or bad). Yes I know the result also depends on the software used for HDR.