Opticallimits

Full Version: long time no see….
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

soLong

….I’m amazed I still remembered my user name. Oh well….

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">This short story is very far away from photography, so, sorry to interrupt…..Well I haven’t been taking photos lately ‘cause every passerby objects to me doing so, so why bother…..Anyway back to this little ‘just talk’ story…..

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">We’ve had another nice German person come visit us down here, and he is a politician. No less than the current Federal Govt. Finance Minister Mathias Cormann……His policies are very far away from my ideals, but he sure is entertaining. He is so different from a regular Oz polly that it’s actually quite refreshing to watch him stand up to speak in parliament…..Just wish he was a tad less neolib.

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">Oh well, that’s me back to sleep now…..they’re coming to take me away away….

….Oh, Photography?….wondering it maybe worth a look at an Fz1000, it’s quite light + a Leica super zoom?….or they could add +50mm & -30mm onto the 55-250stm. On the other hand maybe the stm….less new stuff, cheaper….

Man, what is your point? Do not mix politics and photography! Buy a 1" superzoom a be happy!  B)

Quote:….I’m amazed I still remembered my user name. Oh well….

<p style="font-family:Helvetica;">This short story is very far away from photography, so, sorry to interrupt…..Well I haven’t been taking photos lately ‘cause every passerby objects to me doing so, so why bother…..Anyway back to this little ‘just talk’ story…..

<p style="font-family:Helvetica;"> 

<p style="font-family:Helvetica;">We’ve had another nice German person come visit us down here, and he is a politician. No less than the current Federal Govt. Finance Minister Mathias Cormann……His policies are very far away from my ideals, but he sure is entertaining. He is so different from a regular Oz polly that it’s actually quite refreshing to watch him stand up to speak in parliament…..Just wish he was a tad less neolib.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica;">Oh well, that’s me back to sleep now…..they’re coming to take me away away….

….Oh, Photography?….wondering it maybe worth a look at an Fz1000, it’s quite light + a Leica super zoom?….or they could add +50mm & -30mm onto the 55-250stm. On the other hand maybe the stm….less new stuff, cheaper….

He's actually a born Belgian man, not German ;-).

Honestly I am very tempted to test the Sony RX10 and FZ1000 but then ... where does this end. *sigh*

soLong

Quote:He's actually a born Belgian man, not German ;-).

Honestly I am very tempted to test the Sony RX10 and FZ1000 but then ... where does this end. *sigh*
...Hi Klaus, ta for this, hope all is well....oops, pardon, I knew I should have double checked his origin first, the press suggest that Mathias is from Germany....I know I shouldn't mix in politics, but he is fun to watch compared to our home(or pommy) grown pollies....

....and, yes I'll have a look at the FZ, it looks interesting + there is that Leica lens....and sorry, but due to my own personal shady past I still can't speak Sony....as nice as they might, or might not, be :-)

According Wikipedia he's from Eupen/Belgium which is just a few ks from my home town actually (in Germany).

Thus he's almost German ;-)

I considered to go for the Panasonic for my upcoming vacation but it is a pretty big camera it seems.

The image quality seems fine although not thrilling. I reckon I should download some of the available RAWs to have a deeper look.

Quote:According Wikipedia he's from Eupen/Belgium which is just a few ks from my home town actually (in Germany).

Thus he's almost German ;-)

I considered to go for the Panasonic for my upcoming vacation but it is a pretty big camera it seems.

The image quality seems fine although not thrilling. I reckon I should download some of the available RAWs to have a deeper look.

How about a Sony RX100 Mk III instead?

Very compact with an EVF, "large" sensor and useful zoom range.
I'm expecting a bit of wildlife on the trip so to have something that can go beyond 300mm is desirable.

The RX10 seems pretty compact though, not comparable to the RX100 but then it also offers more.