Opticallimits

Full Version: Sony RX100III
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

felix

First pictures are online: 

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-hot-f...es-leaked/

~24-70mm f/4.8-8.0 lens

pop-up flash & EVF

tilty screen

Sounds pretty much like the perfect compact camera to me.  :blink:

(A bit pricey though  Wink )

I like the 24-120mm f4-7.8 lens from the Canon G1 X mk II a bit more, though. But the pop up EVF is a cute touch.

felix

The G1XII is nice too, but there is a considerable difference in size between the Canon and the Sony  Wink 

The RX100III (which is again a bit fatter than the previous generation) is already on the brink of what I would call a truly pocketable camera. 

True, they are more jacket pocketable, less shirt pocketable.

Quote:First pictures are online: 

~24-70mm f/4.8-8.0 lens

pop-up flash & EVF

tilty screen

This is a very very tempting camera. I'm glad they finally understood that featuring an EVF is paramount!

Studor13

Tempting indeed.

I'm quite satisfied with the quality of my V1so this would be just perfect as a travel and all round camera.

And that pop up EVF, who would have predicted that?

Maybe Nikon will come up with a water proof version - call it AW2. Sure, you wouldn't want the EVF to pop up underwater but it would meet 90% of what I want in a camera like this.

The EVF is really nice but the lens is pretty slow (esp at the short 'long' end). Hum.... I kind of like my sx230 but wish it had a evf.

Nice camera, but the Sony numbering system is absolutely ridiculous. RX100, RX100-II, RX100-III, why not RX200 and RX300? Or the A77-II. Mind you, they are not alone in this: Canon G1X-II, Pentax K-5 II, etc. 

What's the point of having numbers in your product's name if they are not going to increase with new models?

/rant

Quote:The EVF is really nice but the lens is pretty slow (esp at the short 'long' end). Hum.... I kind of like my sx230 but wish it had a evf.

It's not that slow; it's similar thru it's range to most APS-C kit zooms and faster than all μ4/3 kit zooms:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">(click image to embiggen!)

<p style="margin-left:40px;">[Image: apertures-001.png?v=2840]

Pretty remarkable for such a small camera.

Sylvain

Quote:First pictures are online: 

~24-70mm f/4.8-8.0 lens

pop-up flash & EVF

tilty screen

It's very good on paper. Samples are so so upon pixel peeping inspection but they are JPEGs. Would like to see the RAW.

Very exciting camera for sure ! Gives the GM1 with 12-32mm some competition, granted the GM1 size makes it less interesting with most of the mFT lenses (too big! who would believe).
Pages: 1 2 3