Opticallimits

Full Version: Upcoming Tests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's the list of lenses that are on my immediate testing list:

- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 STM IS

- Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS (Canon)

- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC (Canon)

- Fujinon 23mm f/1.4

- Fujinon 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 OIS

- Fujinon 50-230mm f/4.5-6.7 OIS

- Zeiss 32mm f/1.8 (Fuji)

- Zeiss 12mm f/2.8 (Fuji)

- Zeiss E 35mm f/2.8 (Sony E)

I will try to process all of the primes and standard zoom lenses till early February - thereafter I will go on vacation. The tele zoom lenses will follow in march.

Markus will have his own agenda on Nikon. Sebastian will look into the Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8.

cheers

Klaus

nay, nay, nay, yea, yea, yea, yea, yea, yea Smile

-

What about the sony 50f1.8 (zeiss E). Folks at fredminda are raving over the performance - more so than the 35; though one could argue that it is no opus but priced like one anyways (esp for a 50f1.8).

Quote:Here's the list of lenses that are on my immediate testing list:

- Fujinon 23mm f/1.4

I will try to process all of the primes and standard zoom lenses till early February - thereafter I will go on vacation. The tele zoom lenses will follow in march.

Markus will have his own agenda on Nikon. Sebastian will look into the Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8.

cheers

Klaus

Hi Klaus

Happy 2014

I thought you were desillusioned with Fuji still this list is full of them. Look forward to see the results though.

Is it known who manufactures the Zeiss for Fuji-X mount?
Well, it is not up to me whether to test something. At the end of the day we have to test everything.

AFAIK, the Zeiss Touits are manufactured by Zeiss in Japan.

By Zeiss in Japan? I would guess that means Cosina, since they are the ones who actually most Zeiss (and Voigtlander) lenses. Checking... and it seems wikipedia thinks so as well (for what's it worth). It would be interesting, since I don't believe Cosina makes any other auto-focus lenses. 

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Fuji made the Touit according to Zeiss specifications, the same way Sony makes their Zeiss lenses.

I don't think that Cosina is involved here - "their" Zeiss lenses are a different breed.

I have also doubts that they can provide the volume.

Sony also manufactures Zeiss lenses but these are also Sony branded.

I read that the Touits are 100% Zeiss.

Quote:I don't think that Cosina is involved here - "their" Zeiss lenses are a different breed.

I have also doubts that they can provide the volume.

Sony also manufactures Zeiss lenses but these are also Sony branded.

I read that the Touits are 100% Zeiss.

Could that be a the old Contax factory? They used to manufacture AF lenses for the Contax G and N mounts.

Beholder003

cheers

Klaus

What would be required to have some more lenses tested in Pentax K mount? Both old and new?
Pentax has to release 5 new (really new) lenses.

However, testing old Pentax lenses is out of question.

- Fujinon 23mm f/1.4

cheers

Klaus

I'm afraid that I will not able to keep my promise. Unfortunately I have to attend some meetings in Japan in my primary job.

However, two reviews of reviews should be up within a week from now. 
Pages: 1 2