Opticallimits

Full Version: Pentax lens roadmap 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
New Pentax roadmap attached
So, a 85mm f/1.4, a 20mm f/whatever, a 35mm f/1.4, a 70-200/4, a 70-300/4-5.6 (or thereabouts), and a fisheye zoom - and all in "2019 or later". Still sounds pretty vague and not much to work with, but one has to start somewhere, I guess.

davidmanze

There is a lot of speculation that the new up and coming DA* 50mm F1.4 lens is looking for all the word like the newly announced Tokina!

https://www.dpreview.com/news/8292208188...-af-lenses

https://pentaxrumors.com/2017/10/26/2957/

The barrels have exactly the same form!
I read something about the new Tokina 50/1.4 Opera to look pretty similar to the "new Pentax 50/1.4". So, is this new Pentax fashion? Getting lenses from OEM manufacturers, rebadge it and sell it a little more expensive than the standard version (as they did with Tamron's 15-30)
Makes me wonder whether Pentax still has an own lens development department.
The 70-200mm f/4 smell like Tokina as well.

davidmanze

They would do well to rush the MF Tamrons to go together with their zooms....

.....at this time in their current situation they need FF lenses now or sooner......to start discussing vaguely described "wide zooms" for 2019 or later, is no relief for those K mounters pacing up and down looking at sites like this and seeing an endless release of glass from all and sundry.....
......there is a more and more despondent feel to the Pentax forums!

Dave's clichés.
(02-27-2018, 11:48 AM)davidmanze Wrote: [ -> ]They would do well to rush the MF Tamrons to go together with their zooms....

.....at this time in their current situation they need FF lenses now or sooner......to start discussing vaguely described "wide zooms" for 2019 or later,  is no relief for those K mounters pacing up and down looking at sites like this and seeing an endless release of glass from all and sundry.....
      ......there is a more and more despondent feel to the Pentax forums!

Dave's clichés.

They should never have done the K-1. Never invest in a shrinking (DSLR-)market. With their expertise in small camera designs, they should have gone large format mirrorless early on.
Well, the 11-18/2.8 does look unique, unless they took the 11-16 and 11-20 Tokinas and split the difference. Smile
(09-07-2017, 10:35 AM)davidmanze Wrote: [ -> ]   It seems that I've been looking at that same lens road map for the last ten years!
Refresh your browser Wink

(09-07-2017, 12:57 PM)Klaus Wrote: [ -> ]Pentax is a sad story. The KP and K-1 are - in my opinion - the best looking DSLRs on the market and they are capable too.

I'm much less impressed by their lenses though.
You'll be impressed by the D FA* 50mm f/1.4.

(02-27-2018, 12:05 PM)Klaus Wrote: [ -> ]They should never have done the K-1. Never invest in a shrinking (DSLR-)market. With their expertise in small camera designs, they should have gone large format mirrorless early on.
As a K-1 owner, I strongly disagree.
And I disagree even stronger, as one of those people for which EVFs just don't work. Fortunately, we still have a choice.

About the roadmap: while it makes a lot of sense, the execution speed it promises is disappointing. Especially as I want the ultra wide-angle (2019 or later?)
The new addition - 70-200 f/4 - is interesting. Maybe something I'd eventually get, as a lighter (and obviously shorter) alternative to the 150-450. Especially if they'll make a D FA teleconverter.

The D FA* 50mm f/1.4 is not a Tokina lens, but I can't reject the possibility they licensed the design to Tokina - just like they've done in the past. The ring-type SDM motor is a Pentax design as well, because Ricoh Imaging says so (hint: they don't do that regarding Tamron's USD motor used in the 15-30 and 24-70).
Calling it a rebadge just for the sake of "blaming" Pentax on yet another Internet forum's invention...

davidmanze

As there have been associations with Pentax/Tokina, the fact that the two look similar is causing comparisons to be made between the two 50mm F1.4 lenses..... It is in no way surprising that on Pentax forums, questions have been raised.

So this has been coming from Pentaxians.....not Nikonites!

Dave's clichés
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5