Opticallimits

Full Version: Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC HSM OS | C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:There is not one lens in the new lineup that performs badly.  Smile
Well, I have some doubts about the new 30/1.4 DC.

However, I haven't tested that lens, yet.

Nonetheless, there is another Sigma lens review in the queue, and that lens will probably receive a "highly recommended" rating.

-- Markus
I just like to add another nice experience with a Sigma article: the USB dock. Although I don't have a new Sigma Zoom (yet) I was able to improve the AF performance of the 35/1,4 to some degree. While the distances of 0.3, 0.4 and 0.6 meters needed a slightly negative correction, the 4m mark needed a positive correction. The numbers are really small, but with this f/1,4 lens focus is critical and got better afterwards. I also had the impression, the lens became a bit faster due to firmware upgrade, but that might be wishful thinking. The advantage of this dock, besides firmware upgrades, are 4 different focus distances instead of only one general correction in-camera. I adapted it to D800, the other cams get adjusted by AF fine tuning.

And since Sigma is offering a mount change in case one wants to switch to another brand... It's really difficult to say bad things about them these days, especially because it's no big manufacturer with production units all over the world...

stevenb

While Nikon is proudly anouncing the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–140 mm 1:3,5 to 5,6G ED VR as if there are no other good lenses covering this focal lengths i am waiting for the new Sigma 18-35 1.8. Imho Sigma is to praise for their recent activities in the DX/APS-C sector manufactured in Japan and not in Thailand, China or elswhere.

Pages: 1 2