Opticallimits

Full Version: Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC HSM OS | C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nicely improved over its predecessor:

http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon--nikk...a1770284os

-- Markus

The most versatile lens for APS-C: great zoom range, faster and longer than regular standard zooms, pseudo macro, affordable and great IQ!

I've always wondered why Sigma is the only manufacturer to have designed such a well rounded lens.
Thanks for the review Markus. It looks like Sigma is getting it together. How did you like your field experience?

arvydas

Quote:I've always wondered why Sigma is the only manufacturer to have designed such a well rounded lens.

There is Pentax 17 - 70mm. It would be interesting to see it's test on 16Mp.

A.
Quote: There is Pentax 17 - 70mm. It would be interesting to see it's test on 16Mp.

A.

The Pentax is quite a bit slower and does not feature macro either. A much less versatile lens.
Quote:How did you like your field experience?

A lot. If I was in the market for a DX standard zoom, I'd probably prefer the Sigma over the 16-85 VR now (the latter being my favorite for many years).

-- Markus

davidmanze

Sigma have done well to present us with two general purpose zooms of good quality, the one featured here and their 17-50mm 2.8, I lean towards the 17-50, but with this review I'm tempted to save the difference and go for this one. This test didn't feature however the "bokeh fringing test" where the 17-50mm did so well with decent bokeh and almost no fringing.

Bokeh fringing isn't really relevant anymore from f/4 onward.

Not totally related but I'm seeing raves on the sigma 18-35f1.8. What is it with sigma these days - I almost never hear anything negative about them the last couple of years.

felix

Quote:What is it with sigma these days

They really seem to be doing a great job since their switch to new QC and the A/C/S-line lenses. There is not one lens in the new lineup that performs badly.  Smile
Pages: 1 2