Opticallimits

Full Version: Update on front page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We will now document how long it took vendors to repair ... or not repair defective lenses that we purchased for testing. Every repair service taking longer than a month will be put on the photozone front-page and stay there for one year (unless the front page gets too small).

Sony Australia has the honor to be the first company on our list. Congratulations.

We can't do much here but we can at least make sure that the vendors share our pain (not that they care).

Nice....

soLong

Quote:….on the photozone front-page and stay there for one year (unless the front page gets too small).

Sony Australia has the honor to be the first company on our list. Congratulations…..
….so it's gold gold gold for sony oz :-)

….it's possible they might have had to send a lens with a complicated fault (i.e.. mis-centered :-) back to japan for a fix - i know of another brand down here where the importer does that….but a big brand like sony? …. you'd think someone local could do it.….maybe they could send it to Maxwell's(the old nikon guys and v good)

…..but oh well, a nice new 5 star award for S

I'm pretty sure that the turnaround time in Japan would be less than a week.

Service is everything in Japan.

Faketastic

You get paid to trash-talk Sony, right?

I think I "trash talked" all manufacturers over the years. 

That said, who is causing this situation ? You are reversing the origin of the problem.

PS: The Zeiss 16-80 and Sony 70-300G are still in my private stock of lenses.

So you was lucky with the Zeiss 16-80. There was many bad copies around. ;-)

Actually do you do test MTF 10 too?

And what about to change optical ratings. I always found it to much centred around sharpness which are is one but not the only important property. Portrait(Bokeh), action(AF), landscape(contrast and sharpness) etc. ratings would be in my opinion better.

bryan conner

Great idea Klaus.  It is completely the decision of the manufacturer whether or not to be included in this.

Two things I think should be included:

a) If they actually fix the lens.

b) Reward those manufacturers who give good service (fast turn around with correct service)

Quote:We will now document how long it took vendors to repair ... or not repair defective lenses that we purchased for testing. Every repair service taking longer than a month will be put on the photozone front-page and stay there for one year (unless the front page gets too small).

Sony Australia has the honor to be the first company on our list. Congratulations.

We can't do much here but we can at least make sure that the vendors share our pain (not that they care).
Well, let's see how Fuji will perform ...

Pages: 1 2