Opticallimits

Full Version: next PZ lens test report: Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good, especially the bokeh, but the final bit of sharpness (borders) is missing:

http://www.opticallimits.com/m43/840-olympus17f18

I still like it though.

Hmm, you didn't include the bokeh test results?

I rarely do so with wide angles ...

But you especially mentioned the bokeh, that is why I wondered  :ph34r:

There is a truth beyond formal testing, isn't it ? :-)

Looking at the provided sample images (and the others in my stock) I'd say that the statements aren't wrong.

Quote:There is a truth beyond formal testing, isn't it ? :-)

Looking at the provided sample images (and the others in my stock) I'd say that the statements aren't wrong.
Hi Klaus, on my computer, the test shows up at industry news instead of photozone updates...just for info. cheers Andreas
Thx!

Is the panasonic 40-175 next ? Also are the measure MTF compensated for field curvature ? What I mean is do you show the mtf as expressed against the chart or do you adjust for field curvature and show maximum mtf (or does my question even make sense?)

-

Last but least (and unrelated) where is that post that talks about how to test for decentering?

(I never do say thanks but I really do like your reviews; though sometimes I miss the very old site that is long long long gone; you've been doing this a long time do you think you will continue or does it begin to get a little old?)

The charts show the MTFs on the focus field (which is the industry standard).

The field curvature of the 17/1.8 is not extreme in any case.

The test procedure for the centering is in the lens section (it's a stick thread at the top of the list).

vodanh1982

There is a rumor that Panasonic 20 f/1.7 II will come out tomorrow. 

Pages: 1 2