Opticallimits

Full Version: The Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN is ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... rather nice. 

Pretty good MTFs ... unsurprisingly.

Other than price (which is something to consider) do you notice any advantages over the olympus 60 macro ?

Quote:Other than price (which is something to consider) do you notice any advantages over the olympus 60 macro ?

The center is sharper for instance. But it's hard to tell ... this is the Sony section here ...

Quote:... rather nice. 
I am selling my M.Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 Macro. Anyone interested?

Completely missed that this was being tested on Sony Nex. Sammy why do you dislike the the 60f2.8 macro ?

Quote:I am selling my M.Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 Macro. Anyone interested?

Quote:Completely missed that this was being tested on Sony Nex. Sammy why do you dislike the the 60f2.8 macro ?
The M.Zuiko Macro is a very fine lens but I shoot macro not often enough to justify the investment. If I decide that I still need a 60mm prime the much cheaper Sigma would serve me better in value for money terms.
It 'rattles' though :-) just like the 19 & 30.

The lab test will be posted next week. Some sample images will follow later.

Generally a cool little lens IMHO.

ginsbu

Quote:The center is sharper for instance. But it's hard to tell ... this is the Sony section here ...
I hope you'll get a change to test the m4/3 version. I think a direct comparison would be very interesting!