Opticallimits

Full Version: Seems as if a new Samyang is coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
16mm f/2 for APS-C & MFT.

Yes a manual focus version of the 17f1.8; wonder if performance will be improved ? I kind of wish there would be some development on the long end as the short end seems relatively packed (well an olympus 12-60 would be nice); I know panasonic is working on a 150f2 but I haven't heard much of a replacement for the 50-200 4/3 lens (from what i've read the panasonic offering is not really the same league). I guess they would have to gamble that a 'larger' long lens would still sell since they seem to compromise quite a bit to obtain 'small' (ala the current 70-300 lenses and olympus 12-50).

Could be very interesting on APS-C, although I assume that's mirrorless APS-C not DSLR if it will be the same lens for MFT?

balacau

Nothing at all mentioned about this new lens on Samyang's UK website in the news section.

However from what I've read on other forums and such, its an aps-c lens for dSLR-use.  This together with the 10mm F2.8 lens makes a very interesting contribution to a cropped sensor lens-based line-up.
Quote:Nothing at all mentioned about this new lens on Samyang's UK website in the news section.

However from what I've read on other forums and such, its an aps-c lens for dSLR-use.  This together with the 10mm F2.8 lens makes a very interesting contribution to a cropped sensor lens-based line-up.

Here is some info on it: http://www.43rumors.com/samyang-will-soo...mft-mount/
Quote:16mm f/2 for APS-C & MFT.

Looking at the size of it, it doesn't make sense so to me, at least for µFT. One has the Olympus 14/2 and 17/1.8, Panasonic 14/2.5 and the inexpensive Sigma 19/2.8 (the latter also being an APSC lens) to choose from.  Why would one like to fit a bucket to his little µFT camera?
Quote:Could be very interesting on APS-C, although I assume that's mirrorless APS-C not DSLR if it will be the same lens for MFT?

According the 43rumors page this will be available for APS-C DSLR (Nikon, Canon, Sony-A and Pentax). 
I'm happy to guess wrong on this occasion Smile I only made that assumption thinking it would be a smaller short flange distance lens. As a full blown DSLR lens, it gets my interest once again, depending on its price/performance.

Sylvain

Quote:Looking at the size of it, it doesn't make sense so to me, at least for µFT. One has the Olympus 14/2 and 17/1.8, Panasonic 14/2.5 and the inexpensive Sigma 19/2.8 (the latter also being an APSC lens) to choose from.  Why would one like to fit a bucket to his little µFT camera?

Some film makers perhaps. They don't care so much about bulk. MFT (through GH & black magic and the likes) has gained some serious video appeal lately. But I wish we had such a focal length in a tiny package. The 17/1.8 keeps me cold.