Opticallimits

Full Version: next PZ lens test report: Olympus M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 ED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
See some greatness ...

http://www.opticallimits.com/m43/830-oly75f18

(will add sample images after next weekend)

Quite a lens. Too bad it's not a focal length that get's me enthused. 

It is an interesting focal length for me: it's quite close to the classic 135mm lens. It's a classic focal length for both telephoto work and portraits. Not as popular as the 85mm of course, but I do wish there was one such lens in my system (Fuji XF).

In fact, the rumoured Sigma 135mm f1.8 OS lens just might be what makes me finally go FF.

Very nice lens, so Olympus can still design them even on MFT. Good to see.

Thanks for the review, Klaus.

Woow, these are some very impressive results, among the best ones seen on PZ!

A bit too long for my taste, but that is indeed a great piece of glass.

I'm looking forward to see how the Panasonic 42.5 f/1.2 will fare... Interesting days ahead!

It is interesting; the 60 has less bokeh fringing but of course is less sharp and not nearly as fast. Hum. Oh well maybe one day someone in m43 land will release a lens you think is prefect.

Quote:It is interesting; the 60 has less bokeh fringing but of course is less sharp and not nearly as fast. Hum. Oh well maybe one day someone in m43 land will release a lens you think is prefect.

The 60 has less bokeh fringing ... because it's slower.
This is da bomb. Just like the ZA 135/1.8 I guess.

Tell me one thing...just want to be sure...this collects as much light as a F1.8 lens on full frame camera, right?

A f/1.8 lens remains a f/1.8 lens, of course.
Pages: 1 2 3 4