Opticallimits

Full Version: NEX 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not as sharp as I would have hoped. The AA filter effect is clearly visible IMHO.

Quote:Not as sharp as I would have hoped. The AA filter effect is clearly visible IMHO.
dpreview measured a resolution of 2800 lp/ph and concluded that the NEX-6 must have a very light AA filter. However, the actual resolution test images they show look pretty ugly. In comparison the D7000 images for example are much cleaner/better. The NEX-6 shows plenty of moire around the resolution limit, which would argue against a strong AA filter. Could be an issue with the RAW conversion and/or there is indeed something odd with the cam hardware.
Quote:dpreview measured a resolution of 2800 lp/ph and concluded that the NEX-6 must have a very light AA filter. However, the actual resolution test images they show look pretty ugly. In comparison the D7000 images for example are much cleaner/better. The NEX-6 shows plenty of moire around the resolution limit, which would argue against a strong AA filter. Could be an issue with the RAW conversion and/or there is indeed something odd with the cam hardware.

Maybe it was the lens. I will see.
Quote:Maybe it was the lens. I will see.
Do you use the kit kense? What about the 50F1.8?
Quote:Do you use the kit kense? What about the 50F1.8?

Yes, this was with the kit lens. At the moment I also have the 10-18/4 and the 35/1.8 should arrive next week.

However, I will do the NEX 6 vs 7 comparison with the 16/2.8.
Quote:Yes, this was with the kit lens. At the moment I also have the 10-18/4 and the 35/1.8 should arrive next week.

However, I will do the NEX 6 vs 7 comparison with the 16/2.8.

Do you plan to review the 20F2.8 pancake? After some first example shots, it looks ok.
Quote:Do you plan to review the 20F2.8 pancake? After some first example shots, it looks ok.ailable yet.

Sure, but it's not available yet.

Studor13

Klaus, in terms of image quality alone, how does the Nex-6 compare to say the Nex-C3?

I'm getting all excited about the Nex system but can't quite justify the 6 just yet.

Maybe you could persuade me. (With other benefits over the previous models)
The NEX C3 has base ISO of 200, the 6 has base ISO of 100. So the DR of the NEX 6 at base ISO is higher than the NEX C3. Otherwise it is very simular. Maybe dxomark is helping: http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Compare-Camera-Sensors/Compare-cameras-side-by-side/%28appareil1%29/863|0/%28brand%29/Sony/%28appareil2%29/832|0/%28brand2%29/Sony/%28appareil3%29/715|0/%28brand3%29/Sony

And now there is a nex 7n begging to be tested Smile
Pages: 1 2