Opticallimits

Full Version: Feedback wanted ... page load speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The REVIEW section of photozone is now optimized & geographically cached using a content delivery network.

Do you feel that the reviews are loaded faster in your world now ?

Klaus
In a quick look (from UK) I can't say I notice any difference. I didn't had a problem with speed before anyway, so even if it was faster I'm not sure I'd really notice it.
[quote name='popo' timestamp='1359635987' post='21667']

In a quick look (from UK) I can't say I notice any difference. I didn't had a problem with speed before anyway, so even if it was faster I'm not sure I'd really notice it.

[/quote]

It is probably not really something you feel in Europe. The server is located in Berlin, I think.

Here in down-under the difference is rather massive (40% faster according to Google).

[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1359636145' post='21668']

It is probably not really something you feel in Europe. The server is located in Berlin, I think.

Here in down-under the difference is rather massive (40% faster according to Google).

I think that the caching procedure is not finished yet so the full speed will be reached during the next few days I suppose.

[/quote]

soLong

[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1359636145' post='21668']

[/quote]

- yes noticeably faster, thank you - but maybe not so obvious when loading the full size samples (so possibly a good thing mst is not an 800 person:-)....although this load speed might have something to do with my adsl speed....

......but i do vaguely remember someone in the distant past mentioning in passing that a smugmug style various size picture offering for these samples might, or might not, be a useful thing for those who only want to stickybeak on brands other than their own
[quote name='soLong' timestamp='1359654873' post='21671']

- yes noticeably faster, thank you - but maybe not so obvious when loading the full size samples (so possibly a good thing mst is not an 800 person:-)....although this load speed might have something to do with my adsl speed....

[/quote]

The caching is active for the files hosted on our own server only. Since the sample images are hosted by SmugMug, there is no difference for these files.

[quote name='soLong' timestamp='1359654873' post='21671']

......but i do vaguely remember someone in the distant past mentioning in passing that a smugmug style various size picture offering for these samples might, or might not, be a useful thing for those who only want to stickybeak on brands other than their own

[/quote]

You can always visit the SmugMug gallery directly and view the images there (including downscaled versions):

http://photozone.smugmug.com

-- Markus
Sorry but I had to deactivate it. The geo-targeted Ads are no longer working.
Problem solved. All boosters are on full throttle again. [Image: biggrin.gif]

(probably only observable outside of central Europe).