Opticallimits

Full Version: Fuji X-Pro 1 lens roadmap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Steinar1

DPR has just sjown the new Fuji lens roadmap for 2012 and 2013. Very interesting set of more primes and a couple of stabilised zooms, including a UWA zoom. Interesting news for a camera that seems to be making inroads everywhere. What if Sony woke up to what Fuji and Samsung and the m4/3 manufacturers are doing!!

Is there room for sony, samsung and fuji in this space ? Esp with micro 4/3 sitting right behind them ?

-

I like fuji's road map but I would like a body with a bit more performance (sort of like e-m5); though the fuji shape is fine.
[quote name='you2' timestamp='1340712093' post='19130']

Is there room for sony, samsung and fuji in this space ? Esp with micro 4/3 sitting right behind them ?

-

I like fuji's road map but I would like a body with a bit more performance (sort of like e-m5); though the fuji shape is fine.

[/quote]

I'd say that the X-Pro1 has the best IQ among the mirrorless systems.

'cept for landscape and foilage. There been quite a few complaints about the 'water colouring' effect. What I've not figured out is if this is jpeg from the camera (probably) or if they are baking the raws (probably; but probably not cause of the 'water colouring').

-

My (which is obviously not yours) problem with the camera is that it just wasn't 'fun' to use when I played with it; I found the focus very 'uncertain' and the evf wasn't a joy to use for manual focus. In this area the e-m5 is just plain 'fun'; and I guess Sony is somewhere in the middle (no clue where samsung falls).

-

So if x-pro2 improves some of the handling issues I think it would be a more interesting option. Olympus might not have the best overall image quality but it is 'convenient' to use (dust handling, focus, pleasant evf). None of those things contribute to optimal raw image quality. For the pro1 I could live with the current auto focus if manual focus was more enjoyable.

[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1340713095' post='19132']

I'd say that the X-Pro1 has the best IQ among the mirrorless systems.

[/quote]

PuxaVida

It seems that the portrait lens gap will be filled also:

[url="http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/06/26/Fujifilm-X-mount-roadmap-XF-14mm-F2-8-XF-18-55mm-F2-8-4"]http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/06/26/Fujifilm-X-mount-roadmap-XF-14mm-F2-8-XF-18-55mm-F2-8-4[/url]