Opticallimits

Full Version: Sainsonic Kamlan 50mm f1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For APS-C mirrorless like Sony E mount or Canon EF-M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRt2mNFxdDI

Not for those who live and breathe MTF measurements. But rather, for people who want to try big aperture on a budget or like to experiment with character and other creative nonsense. 

Not a bad deal for $150.

Interesting. Never heard of Sain Sonic. Based on the web site, it looks like they do mostly electronics. Also, looks more like a company that buys stuff from some producers and sticks their label on it. I.e. it seems to be mostly a store. Their Radios seem to be from BaoFeng, China.

Anyway, curious, who the actual OEM is for their fast prime, and the fish-eye they offer. Anybody an idea. Another emerging lens company from China?

Quote:Interesting. Never heard of Sain Sonic. Based on the web site, it looks like they do mostly electronics. Also, looks more like a company that buys stuff from some producers and sticks their label on it. I.e. it seems to be mostly a store. Their Radios seem to be from BaoFeng, China.

Anyway, curious, who the actual OEM is for their fast prime, and the fish-eye they offer. Anybody an idea. Another emerging lens company from China?

Ah, I guess the name is actually Kamlan.  

Seems the 50mm f1.1 goes also under Kodak and Sakar names.

Quote:Ah, I guess the name is actually Kamlan.  

Seems the 50mm f1.1 goes also under Kodak and Sakar names.
and also a 25mm f0.95 lens  belongs to this "Kodak" series.

All this seems to have been announced already several years ago, but looks like no information on vivitar or sakar web sites is available. .... Maybe they already dumped the products again.
http://www.kamlan.com.cn/

They also have a 8mm Fisheye, a 85mm f/1.4 and a 55mm f/1.2. The latter two look quite neat actually.

... says the guy who never resists to comment on MTF  :lol:

Don't tell me you found MTF tables in that Chinese website.

Quote:... says the guy who never resists to comment on MTF  :lol:

Don't tell me you found MTF tables in that Chinese website.

I said these two lenses "look" neat. I didn't say that they "are" neat. ;-)
I love the stock photos on the website. They have nothing to do with the lenses. Also the website's copyright notice 2015-2020 is cute.

Then we have different ideas about the word neat. The photos of the products are nice and sharp and able to tell that they made most of it. "At that price" and that's about all there is to say. I'm sorry, I told myself too often "at that price it's alright" - but it never was.  ^_^

I think I've seen the kind of styling employed with the 55 and 85 (focusing rings and whatnot) somewhere... Smile Odd that the other two lenses look completely different - a classic symptom of half-baked product line (if it's possible to call it that).

To say something in defense of these... we all get the urge to go lo-fi sometimes, even I do. Smile I remember shooting rainfall, fire artists and travelators using deliberately "off" techniques, but I did not need a special lens for that - the 18-135 STM and 24L (among others) did fine. Smile

Pages: 1 2