Opticallimits

Full Version: Nikon 1 body with F lenses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sunil

Hi Folks,

I'm new here, so I hope this is in the right place to post this question, and its not answered already somewhere else that I missed - is there any plan to review using older F Mount lenses with the Nikon 1 bodies?

I have several older Nikon lenses, both DX and FX, and was wondering if it makes sense to buy a Nikon 1 body and adapter to give myself new effective focal lengths from the existing lenses, but dont know what sort of results I would get with that setup.

Thanks,

Sunil
Hi Sunil,

welcome to the forum.

It is planned to review some current AF-S lenses on the V1, but not older ones. Still, those reviews might give you an idea of what to expect from your lenses, at least in terms of field of view, usage, DOF potential, etc.

FWIW, I didn't like the V1 very much with the system lenses, but it has seen a lot more use here since I got the FT1.

-- Markus

sunil

Hi Markus,

Thanks - will look forward to the reviews - the Nikon 1 seems interesting - small and light, some interesting specs, and if it works well with F mount lenses, I was thinking perhaps that's a serious bonus that can tip the scales in its favour.

However if it isn't a very nice camera on its own, maybe one should wait for the next version...

Sunil