Opticallimits

Full Version: Fuji X Pro 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Steinar1

I really recommend checking this web site out, it gathers all the reviews and tests in all languages done with the Xpro1. Very enlightening and frankly enough to make me want to order one! What do you think?

[url="http://www.scoop.it/t/fuji-x-pro1"]http://www.scoop.it/t/fuji-x-pro1[/url]

frank

I wonder how a Nikon/Cannon lens will perform on this camera, provided that a lens converter will exist. From a previous review article, it slightly looses to 5DII by lacking some details. I guess this arises from lenses, not the camera sensor.

Collecting all currently exisiting reviews, the x-pro1 beats current DX SDLRs. It may also challenge FX DSLRs, like the 5DII or D700. Undoubtly a very nice camera, but I think the price is a little bit too high compared to DX DSLRs. (However, high-end DX DSLRs like D300s are not cheap also.)

I have seen some complaints about the MF. But I don't know how bad the MF is.

Frank
[quote name='Frank' timestamp='1332139587' post='16861']

I wonder how a Nikon/Cannon lens will perform on this camera, provided that a lens converter will exist. From a previous review article, it slightly looses to 5DII by lacking some details. I guess this arises from lenses, not the camera sensor.

Collecting all currently exisiting reviews, the x-pro1 beats current DX SDLRs. It may also challenge FX DSLRs, like the 5DII or D700. Undoubtly a very nice camera, but I think the price is a little bit too high compared to DX DSLRs. (However, high-end DX DSLRs like D300s are not cheap also.)

I have seen some complaints about the MF. But I don't know how bad the MF is.

Frank

[/quote]

It is somewhat worrisome that it has the same sensor glass thickness like the NEX 7 (2.5mm) so ultra-wide Leica M lenses will run into the usual problems I suspect.

frank

[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1332140629' post='16862']

It is somewhat worrisome that it has the same sensor glass thickness like the NEX 7 (2.5mm) so ultra-wide Leica M lenses will run into the usual problems I suspect.

[/quote]

Yes. It is bad if only 35mm and longer lenses of Leica/Zeiss perfom normally on x-pro1.

Frank

I do not know a whole lot about the interaction of the sensor glass and the issue with the Nex 7 but are we sure that is the primary reason for the poor edge performance and not some other characteristic(s) of the sensor design ?

[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1332140629' post='16862']

[/quote]
[quote name='you2' timestamp='1332160313' post='16865']

I do not know a whole lot about the interaction of the sensor glass and the issue with the Nex 7 but are we sure that is the primary reason for the poor edge performance and not some other characteristic(s) of the sensor design ?

[/quote]

No, we are not sure about that. Just some hunches. I have not seen any documentation on how thick the sensor filter of the NEX-5N is either.

Steinar1

It may not be well adapted for the UW Leica lenses, but it seems to work very well with the transtandard Leica lenses in manual focus. It may be good for Leica owners who buy one, but buying expensive Leica glass does not seem like a reasonable thing to do if you buy the Fuji. It seems to do very well with its own lenses and that is what I would use, should I buy one. It loks like an outstanding travel/street/reportage camera. Expensive, but quite tempting!

arvydas

BTW, ephotozine.com just posted their Fuji lenses reviews.

A.
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1332162361' post='16866']

No, we are not sure about that. Just some hunches. I have not seen any documentation on how thick the sensor filter of the NEX-5N is either.

[/quote]

The NEX 5 (non-n) cover glass has a thickness of 2.2mm.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1332167370' post='16870']

The NEX 5 (non-n) cover glass has a thickness of 2.2mm.

[/quote]

Leica M8: 0.5mm

Leica M9: 0.8mm

Just to mention.