Opticallimits

Full Version: Camera settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

halwalid

Hi fellow shooters,

Can you tell me if there is specific camera setting that can be downloaded into cameras

Thanks

IanCD

[quote name='Walid' timestamp='1331598867' post='16632']

Hi fellow shooters,

Can you tell me if there is specific camera setting that can be downloaded into cameras

Thanks

[/quote]

Hi Walid,

I think you may get some help if you tell us what camera you're using and what you want to do... although 'downloading' camera settings sounds... a bit odd..?

Ian

halwalid

Hi Ian,

I laughed for at least 3 consecutive minutes,

The camera is D3s.

And what you want to do? Which purpose does it serve? You're the only person who knows.

And why is it impossible to do with your current set?

Ciao, Walter

halwalid

WSalter

it is not impossible,

just curious on what other photographers do/think

I recall 2 years ago there was something like that on Nikoians website where you can download setting into your camera using memory card, I think it is picture control settings or something like that

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/microsit...PicCon.pdf

I don't have a Nikon, only Canon at hand but if it works the same way those settings will only be valid for shooting in JPEG, video and for the embedded JPEG in NEF-files.

The only setting I actually use is a preset customized for video. It will produce "flat" output tones better suited for postprocessing.

Ciao, Walter

halwalid

Walter,

Thanks very much for this ,

It would help me alot altyhough I will have my own picture controls depending on the situation

Cheerio

You're a JPEG-shooter? The only photographers known to me really depending on JPEG are journalists, reporters who have no time to spend in postprocessing but have to deliver NOW. Sport shooters may have an advantage, too. Using a much smaller file size the buffer will allow about twice the numbers in burst mode. DPreview states ca. 36 RAWs compared to 78 images in JPEG.

In my humble opinion a JPEG-shooter have to know a lot more about the camera's limitations and have to take more care about issues like clipping, dynamic range, noise, in-camera noise reduction, sharpening, colour rendering/colour temperature etc. pp. compared to a RAW-user.

My 2 cents.

Ciao, Walter