Opticallimits

Full Version: Lens Tip tests the Fuji X1-Pro with image samples
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Steinar1

All is in the title. You find it at Lens Tip! Quite interesting!
Hmm... The blue train images do not seem very high in IQ, with IQ resembling my 1st generation Sigma 18-50mm f2.8, but lacking its sharpness... And that is primes against a standard zoom.

I do like its 3:2 format, an advantage it has over most of the 4/3rds cameras (a few Panasonics excepted) and the Canon G1-X for instance. Might be a whole lot more interesting with a few Leica M or LSM mount lenses, if manual focus is not too difficult?
When looking at lenstip samples always keep in mind that they develop RAW files with noise reduction switched off and sharpness set to the lowest possible value.

-- Markus
[quote name='mst' timestamp='1329488779' post='15880']

When looking at lenstip samples always keep in mind that they develop RAW files with noise reduction switched off and sharpness set to the lowest possible value.

-- Markus

[/quote]

I know... but that is how I develop my RAW files too (so including those from that Sigma I mentioned). Not very impressed yet by the optics.

Sensor looks great!

There was an observation in another forum that many of the 18f2 images were back focused. Vaguely I thought I read here that contrast focus was immune to back/front focus. Can anyone comment on why the Pro-1 might back focus (if this i the case) ?

-

General verdict seems to be the 35mm and 60mm lens are quite good; teh jury is still out on the 18mm.
Contrast AF still has to judge which part of the image you want in focus. It might have picked something other than what you want.

davidmanze

[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1329488572' post='15879']

Hmm... The blue train images do not seem very high in IQ, with IQ resembling my 1st generation Sigma 18-50mm f2.8, but lacking its sharpness... And that is primes against a standard zoom.

I do like its 3:2 format, an advantage it has over most of the 4/3rds cameras (a few Panasonics excepted) and the Canon G1-X for instance. Might be a whole lot more interesting with a few Leica M or LSM mount lenses, if manual focus is not too difficult?

[/quote]

Hi guys, I have been looking at LensTips images for a few years, they never look bitingly sharp, this is not far off as good as they get.I'm very impressed! Looks like another great camera.High ISO looks great too.

Dave's clichés

Well there is some concern that the 18mm lens is not achieving good focus (presuming this is not human error). Then again it might be pre-production equipment so I guess nothing is definitive here.

-

I'm really interested in learning how difficult it will be to used older manual focus lenses on this camera. I suspect it would be more difficult than on something like the nex7 (or even om-d). Still the high iso images do look pretty decent.

frank

I have read some complaints about the MF on this camera, but I am not clear if they refer to (1) the Fuji lenses are hard to MF because of lack of distance scale or (2) it is hard to judge the precision of MF through the OVF or EVF of the camera. If it is the later, then the camera would be a little bit disappointing since it is lack of a major professional feature.

Frank