Opticallimits

Full Version: Tamron A14 AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) - Nikon Mount
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

novikovas85

I bought Nikon D5100 and wish to buy the lens, not to expensive but with good zoom and not bad quality...

Is this lens Tamron A14 AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) - Nikon Mount would be a good option or would you offer me something else??? Thanks for suggestions.
[quote name='Novikovas85' timestamp='1326843674' post='14984']

I bought Nikon D5100 and wish to buy the lens, not to expensive but with good zoom and not bad quality...

Is this lens Tamron A14 AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) - Nikon Mount would be a good option or would you offer me something else??? Thanks for suggestions.

[/quote]

[url="http://www.opticallimits.com/canon-eos/292-tamron-af-18-200mm-f35-63-di-ii-ld-aspherical-if-xr-macro-test-report--review"]http://www.opticallimits.com/canon-eos/292-tamron-af-18-200mm-f35-63-di-ii-ld-aspherical-if-xr-macro-test-report--review[/url]

Not too bad but personally I wouldn't really go for it.

I would suggest to split the range.

e.g.

Nikkor 18-105 VR

+

Tamron 70-300 VC

novikovas85

Thanks, any more suggstions guys??
[quote name='Novikovas85' timestamp='1326878479' post='14994']

Thanks, any more suggstions guys??

[/quote]

A DSLR allows for a big creative envelope and high quality results. But hinges on the lenses you get. To me, it makes little sense to get a DSLR (quite a big camera) and then put on a cheap superzoom lens only, which limits the camera both in creative possibilities and ultimate image quality.

Of course, size/weight and price can be factors for someone, but then a different kind of camera makes more sense?

I would make a similar suggestion as Klaus, I would suggest a Tamron 70-300mm VC USD + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 EX DG OS HSM.

But my guess is that the Tamron you asked about is partly chosen for its price, and the Sigma + Tamron will at least double that budget?

novikovas85

Yes i am trying get something for my budget and its 200eur So tamron is not that bad choice i think, special then i am only the beginner. But from another side i dont want to waist that 200E if that lense is not good enough, u know what i mean...
[quote name='Novikovas85' timestamp='1326921488' post='15020']

Yes i am trying get something for my budget and its 200eur So tamron is not that bad choice i think, special then i am only the beginner. But from another side i dont want to waist that 200E if that lense is not good enough, u know what i mean...

[/quote]

Frankly, in this case I would have gone with a double lens kit. The Nikkor 18-55 VR and 55-200 VR are actually quite decent. An extreme zoom lens like the 18-200mm is more so of a compromise.

novikovas85

thanks everybody, spoke with lots off people and better save some few pound and get tamron 70-300 vc