Opticallimits

Full Version: Lensrentals return rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sylvain

miro

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting to see that all brands are equal.

Even more interesting - the quality of service is just changing every year.
You can see that even in a small country like the NL. Canon near Bergen op Zoom is definitely become slower, I hear. I can't complain about Weert, however, they have a quick turnaround time, just that they can't do all repairs.

Kind regards, Wim

Wow, thanks for this info. VERY, VERY informative... particularly Roger's comment:

"... but when you consider most of our repairs are IS systems, autofocus electronics, and zoom mechanisms, it seems an inevitable conclusion that those well-built, purely mechanical lenses will be more reliable. I have a collection of 100+ year old lenses that I can actually shoot with. And I use 30 and 40 year old primes reularly. I don’t think there’s any chance at all that 50 years from now someone will be shooting with a working 70-200 f/2.8 IS or VR. I love the features of a zoom, the modern optics that are so sharp and contrasty, autofocus, image stabilization, all of it. But from a pure reliability standpoint all those features are things that will break eventually."