Opticallimits

Full Version: E-mount native (cx size)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ficofico

Is it possible to make a lens like the (for example) 30-110 f3,8-f5,6 VR for the nex system by Sony with the same e-mount and with similar dimension, if the size of sensor for this lens will be cx and not aps-c?

With an example....

nikon d700 with 35 f1,8 DX = different size sensor but with same bayonet

Maybe if it's not possible to make a tele zoom lens with decent dimension for an aps-c sensor, it will be possible by making lens for smaller size sensor but with the same e-mount..., less megapixel (8) and less high iso performance but smaller lens size

The larger bayonet it's a real and insuperable problem for producing lens like this (weight and lenght above all)or not?

Thanks
[quote name='gianluca' timestamp='1323883065' post='13773']

Is it possible to make a lens like the (for example) 30-110 f3,8-f5,6 VR for the nex system by Sony with the same e-mount and with similar dimension, if the size of sensor for this lens will be cx and not aps-c?

With an example....

nikon d700 with 35 f1,8 DX = different size sensor but with same bayonet

Maybe if it's not possible to make a tele zoom lens with decent dimension for an aps-c sensor, it will be possible by making lens for smaller size sensor but with the same e-mount..., less megapixel (8) and less high iso performance but smaller lens size

The larger bayonet it's a real and insuperable problem for producing lens like this (weight and lenght above all)or not?

Thanks

[/quote]

What they could do:

The 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 that you mentioned is equivalent to a 55-200mm f/6.8-10 on APS-C. Such a lens would be as small on NEX and it would still cover the whole sensor. However, why should they ? NEX is about maximizing image quality in a mirrorless format, not minimizing all components.

ficofico

It's not possible to make an autofocus lens like this, that's why I ask if it's possible to make a cropped lens for mimimazing the dimension for who (not me that love only fast prime)like some tele zoom....

In this way "larger" it's "better" because if you want to go small you can, but you cannot do contrary...
[quote name='gianluca' timestamp='1323885915' post='13776']

It's not possible to make an autofocus lens like this, that's why I ask if it's possible to make a cropped lens for mimimazing the dimension for who (not me that love only fast prime)like some tele zoom....

In this way "larger" it's "better" because if you want to go small you can, but you cannot do contrary...

[/quote]

Sure it's possible to have AF with this one.

The f/5.6 and f/8 limit applies to DSLRs - not mirrorless cameras.

AF accuracy is simply a matter of sensor noise here.