Opticallimits

Full Version: Rumored new Nikkor lenses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seems we will see an announcement of three new Nikkor lenses soon:

AF-S 28/1.4E (likely expensive)

AF-P 10-20/4.5-5.6G VR (cheap, for a WA)

AF-S 8-15/3.5-4.5E ED fisheye

-- Markus
Prices to be found here: https://nikonrumors.com/2017/05/30/japan...line.aspx/

 

It's hard to ask more than "So what?"  -_-

 

2100 $ for a boring 28 mm?

Quote:Prices to be found here: https://nikonrumors.com/2017/05/30/japan...line.aspx/

 

It's hard to ask more than "So what?"  -_-

 

2100 $ for a boring 28 mm?
The base of Nikkor lens buyers all will buy it, no doubt. But not aimed at growth....
 The 28mm lens will probably be fine......but man that price tag is way too excruciatingly boring!  :wacko:

 

 

At least Nikon is trying a little with the 10-20mm with VR!.........by undercutting the Tamron 10-24mm G2 VC!

Quote: 

At least Nikon is trying a little with the 10-20mm with VR!.........by undercutting the Tamron 10-24mm G2 VC!
Oh, I thought by overcutting the Canon...
Quote:Oh, I thought by overcutting the Canon
 Do you mean the 10-18mm recent lens?
Quote: Do you mean the 10-18mm recent lens?
Yeah, the one introduced in 2014.
Well, which super-exciting lenses have we seen in recent years?

- the gang of 150-600mm FF lenses

- the Leica 100-400mm

- some STFs

- the Canon 11-24mm

As for the rest ... all evolutions but no revolutions.


So business as usual.
Just as predicted. But I have a feeling that two of these lenses have stopped just short of being carbon copies of the two corresponding Canon units...

Quote:Well, which super-exciting lenses have we seen in recent years?

- the gang of 150-600mm FF lenses

- the Leica 100-400mm

- some STFs

- the Canon 11-24mm

As for the rest ... all evolutions but no revolutions.


So business as usual.
I would add

- Zeiss Loxia 21/2.8 (small & super sharp)

- Voigtlaender 10/5.6 (small & super wide)

 

Also the Sigma ART series as the transformation of 3rd party moving towards the high end.
Pages: 1 2 3