Opticallimits

Full Version: Canon 6D to be announced in july
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After al the speculations, Canon seems to adopt a new marketing startegy: no specs leaked, however date of annoucement 

is it true or just another rumor from a rumors site ?

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-6d-...-july-cr2/

Specs from Canon cameras usually surface a week to a few weeks before introduction. July is more than a few weeks away.  Rolleyes

Reinier

I wonder if it would really be an improvement. For me the 6D is good enough and I do not see the point for an upgrade with a lot of new camera's nowadays.

In the olden days when a new model was announced, the price of the previous model went down quite a bit. But the last 8 or maybe 10 years that is not the case anymore.

Why is that?

Kind regards,

Reinier
Maybe they'll just "pull another 6D" and rebadge 5Dm3 as 6Dm2 with a lighter body and a single SD slot.

Reinier

Is the IQ from a 6D not better than the 5D III especially when it come to noise?

I have compared the 6D and 5D III on Dpreview and the 6D looked better to me.

But is it just a rumour a new 6D is coming or is it pretty solid?

Kind regards,

Reinier
Quote:Is the IQ from a 6D not better than the 5D III especially when it come to noise?

Kind regards,

Reinier
Well 6D is going to eventually come someday... 
Quote:Is the IQ from a 6D not better than the 5D III especially when it come to noise?

Kind regards,

Reinier
The 6D has nothing from the 5D mk II. It has a new and better sensor, new AF system, WiFi and GPS functionality and different body.
My source said the 6D2 will be announced in august. You couldn't give any specs, but said that many of the rumours were close.

The Canon 6D mk II will have a swivel or flip screen (making it gain 5mm in depth), and bluetooth added to it.