Opticallimits

Full Version: Leica 12-60mm f/2.8-4 OIS is on its way ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
... finally.

Great news!

eggybread

Excellent. Looking forward to the review!

I just unpacked it. Nice.

Please compare in shoot out with the Oly 12-100 F4. Size/weight versus extended reach. Will be interesting to see if there's a clear winner.

Quote:I just unpacked it. Nice.
Quote:Please compare in shoot out with the Oly 12-100 F4. Size/weight versus extended reach. Will be interesting to see if there's a clear winner.
That is not how PZ reviews work. It is up to you to determine that. PZ tests MTF and such.

You might feel it is not allowed but Klaus might do it anyways Smile

Quote:That is not how PZ reviews work. It is up to you to determine that. PZ tests MTF and such.
Lately I provided a few comments vs competing lenses.

The Leica 12-60mm is MUCH smaller than the Olympus 12-100mm ... but then ... it's 40mm shorter.

arrgggg. Just how much smaller is it smaller than the 12-40f2.8 ? Crise the choices we have to make. It used to be give me a super zoom with 1/2 decent optics. Now why can't they give me a super fast super good zoom the size of a pancake prime. Sigh. 

Ok ok but i am in this debate train like others between the 12-60 and the 12-100. 120mm vs 200mm (effective) is a 'big' difference and the 12-100 actually has decent optics at the long end but is it worth the size cost ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5