Opticallimits

Full Version: Sony a9 + 100-400 Announcement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/follow-th...tream-now/

Live announcement, will report as it goes on.

-Looks like a slightly larger a7 body for now. Two dials on top, like the mode dial but on either side.

-Full frame stacked CMOS sensor with extreme data readout.

-20 FPS shooting

-60 FPS AF calculation

-No blackout, completely silent

-1/32.000 shutter speed

-693 AF points, 93% coverage

-Full frame 4K video.

-200 RAW deep buffer.

-Dual cards

-Battery is twice as big

-Ethernet connectivity with FTP support

-AF selecton joystick

-Quad-VGA EVF with 120 FPS

-My Menu

-Available for purchase next month for 4500$!

-24MP

-Touch focusing on the rear LCD

-Grip Extender available as extra accessory to extend the grip with no extra battery slots or vertical controls

-Of course 5 axis IBIS

-100-400/4.5-5.6 GM OSS is available for 2500$

-1382g or so

-Minimum focus distance is 95 cm

Like the Canon, then. I liked how the A mount version went to 70mm instead of 100mm on the wide end.

Holy cow, these specs are just insane!

1/32'000 using a mechanical shutter? Amazing!

Looks like mirrorless is about to finally nail the DSLRs' coffin.

The last advantage of traditional DSLRs is quickly vanishing into thin air...

If this camera performs as expected (or touted by Sony), I expect to see quite a few sport photographers switching to Sony.

Now Sony needs to release some long lenses to go with it.

Just 24MP ??? Should be a low light beast...

We expect another model with same specs with more megapixels to come
Quote:Holy cow, these specs are just insane!

1/32'000 using a mechanical shutter? Amazing!

Looks like mirrorless is about to finally nail the DSLRs' coffin.

The last advantage of traditional DSLRs is quickly vanishing into thin air...

If this camera performs as expected (or touted by Sony), I expect to see quite a few sport photographers switching to Sony.

Now Sony needs to release some long lenses to go with it.

Probably via electronic shutter. I expect the mechanical time to be 1/8000 as usual, which is absolutely more than adequate anyway.

No blackout on the EVF thing is pretty gamechanging. This is beyond what DSLR can do.
There is no report of a mechanical shutter anywhere, that's interesting.

Edit: There is an electronic mode specifically, which should mean there is still a mechanical shutter.

[Image: wjh9lqepwr0fl9bideqv.jpeg]

[Image: zpeq4ydgujff0zav0say.jpeg]

Quote:Probably via electronic shutter. I expect the mechanical time to be 1/8000 as usual, which is absolutely more than adequate anyway.

No blackout on the EVF thing is pretty gamechanging. This is beyond what DSLR can do.

Indeed. According to Sony's own page, the 1/32000 shutter speed is when using the electronic shutter only: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/inter...ras/ilce-9

I wonder if the camera uses some kind of software post-processing trick to get rid of the rolling shutter artifacts occurring at high speeds.

Studor13

I'm not the smartest man in the world but even I know that for a lot of stuff you need a totally silent shutter.

Why Nikon (I'm a Nikon fanboy) hadn't invested in a mirrorless FF is beyond me.

For a lot of indoor shooting, I've had to use the Nikon 1 System while the D800 sat at home.

I'm hoping that Nikon is not so stupid and will pull out something spectacular!
Now what's missing:

-No anti-flicker shot

-No double hinged rear display

-No mention of EVF switchover sensor cancellation while the LCD is lifted like the A Mount cameras (AKA if you are fat, you can't shoot from the hip as the camera switches to the EVF all the time)

-That silent shooting, 1/32.000 shutter speed magnificent über-mode came to pretty much all Fuji models via a firmware update, for free and it still has all the rolling shutter artifacts

Pages: 1 2 3