Opticallimits

Full Version: Sigma 8-16mm vrs Tokina 11-16mm for landscapes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi guys,

You mention the opinion that the new Sigma 8-16mm may be the new king of the wide angle segment, and looking at your results I can see why, but would I be right in saying the Tokina 11-16mm is close and would perform a lot better with filters? ie less obvious vignetting?

p.s. I realise no wide is particularly good with polarizers, but I'm thinking about graduated ND's

Duh! Sorry, I just realised the 8-16mm won't work with filters yet...

So ok, how about the Sigma 10-20mm verses the Tokina 11-16mm (on aps-c)when using graduated filters...

Thanks in advance...

PuxaVida

Using a polarizer only for a darker blue sky is not needed for such a wide angle. Without the filter the blue of the sky would be good enough. OTOH, to be able to use a polarizer for other reasons and to be able to use a graduated ND on a wide angle lens is clearly an advantage. I used Tokina 11-16mm on D90 and I think it is a very good UW for that price. @f/8 and 12-13mm the IQ is very impressive with a very good color reproduction for my taste. It has very less geometric distortion (for an UW) but suffers from CAs.

Serkan