Opticallimits

Full Version: Panasonic GF2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sylvain

Hi zoners,

The GF2 is to be announced tomorrow, says 43rumors. 43r also displays a poster picture from Le Salon de la Photo held yearly in Paris.

Very small, touch screen, G2 sensor, full HD video. Hopefully a couple of surprises?

Greetings,

S.
[quote name='Sylvain' timestamp='1288797589' post='3943']

Hi zoners,

The GF2 is to be announced tomorrow, says 43rumors. 43r also displays a poster picture from Le Salon de la Photo held yearly in Paris.

Very small, touch screen, G2 sensor, full HD video. Hopefully a couple of surprises?

Greetings,

S.

[/quote]

Hi Sylvain,

I am afraid: no surprises. Looks a nice camera, but perhaps tailored to a (slightly?) different audience from the people buying GF1s.

J.

miro

It took a while until the photographics world discovered the touch screen.

My 10 yaer old sony camcorder have nice and usefull touch screen too

Yet another camera went the NEX path - ditching controls for compactness sake. Imho it just proves that the target segment is point-and-shoot cameras, not DSLR's.

It's a shame really - I think lots of us hoped for imprved GF1, possibly with built in EVF. Sort of Fuji X100 with interchangeable lenses... Maybe Fuji will build one? They have the technology figured out...

Michal

Sylvain

[quote name='joachim' timestamp='1288851951' post='3952']

Hi Sylvain,

I am afraid: no surprises. Looks a nice camera, but perhaps tailored to a (slightly?) different audience from the people buying GF1s.

J.

[/quote]

Yes, really absolutely nothing to get excited about :/.

[quote name='Sylvain' timestamp='1289002383' post='3983']

Yes, really absolutely nothing to get excited about :/.

[/quote]

Well, there's 1080 video, if you use video much. But otherwise, I agree with the comments here. That said, I can imagine that something more of a GF1 update will be available some point, I think there's after all enough people out there that appreciate things like mode dials. But I also have no need to upgrade the GF1, frankly, so I can't really say that I'm disappointed. I'd rather have seen a little bit more of a wide-angle prime than 14mm (12mm or less), and a more affordable portrait-type lens. These would complement the 20mm nicely.