Opticallimits

Full Version: next PZ Lens Test Report: Leica Summarit-M 50mm f/2.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1284389712' post='2716']

Eventually I will test these lens but based on the A700.

What's the point of testing those on the NEX ?

The primary point of a tiny camera is to stay tiny.

[/quote]

Maybe for the higher pixel count, or because NEX users might want a bright lens that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, or because they want to shoot Macro.
[quote name='youpii' timestamp='1284397261' post='2720']

Maybe for the higher pixel count, or because NEX users might want a bright lens that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, or because they want to shoot Macro.

[/quote]

The adapter alone costs 180EUR ....

Higher pixel count is available on some Sony DSLRs as well. This has nothing to do with the tests.
Maybe you can sell the A700 and keep the NEX-5 for all the Sony APS-C tests.
No, I think that's rather pointless.

Once a sufficient number of E-mount lenses is available nobody will be interesting in A-mount adapter solutions for NEX anymore.

THe A700 tests are here to stay for quite a while.

genotypewriter

[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1285591441' post='3285']

No, I think that's rather pointless.

Once a sufficient number of E-mount lenses is available nobody will be interesting in A-mount adapter solutions for NEX anymore.

THe A700 tests are here to stay for quite a while.

[/quote]

I agree... there's no point in testing DSLR lenses on the Nex because the lenses work the same way. Testing the rangefinder lenses on the Nex is a great idea and thanks for doing these.

But I'm not sure whether you should stick to the A700 in the long run... it's becoming dated. Also do you have plans to do tests with DSLTs?
[quote name='genotypewriter' timestamp='1285592575' post='3286']

I agree... there's no point in testing DSLR lenses on the Nex because the lenses work the same way. Testing the rangefinder lenses on the Nex is a great idea and thanks for doing these.

But I'm not sure whether you should stick to the A700 in the long run... it's becoming dated. Also do you have plans to do tests with DSLTs?

[/quote]

The A700 offers 12mp which is not yet dated. Sony will have to release a 18mp SLT prior of considering a migration.

I will post a A33 review after my vacation.
Pages: 1 2