Opticallimits

Full Version: suggestions for a negatives scanner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came back to film, I am enjoying film photography a lot and I need a scanner to scan the negatives 

I don't need high resolution since for printing I will print straight from the negatives however if price difference is marginal I would pay it. I need the scanner for sharing the pictures online.

I need the colors to be accurate obviously.

My sister is actually in the Netherlands and she will be back to Lebanon first April, so a dutch shop or a shop shipping to the Netherlands   would be great.

Real good, high quality filmscanners became expensive as they are mostly out of production.

If you don't need highest resolution, I'd suggest to go for an Epson V700/V750 (the latter has more software (Silverfast) and some targets for colormanagement). It has a negative holder for 24 negatives in one go.

Colormanagement, especially for color negative film is something I defintely failed to get it right.

Alternatively you can ask at your lab if they do the job and hand out a CD with the pictures.