Opticallimits

Full Version: Inside a 1D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great to hear that! Congrats!

Kind regards, Wim
Argh! It was not so simple. In testing after re-assembly, I noticed two of the buttons on the top didn't work any more where they did the other day. When I was trying to take it apart, I must have disconnected it. So I had to get to the top... after much more messing around I removed the front body of the camera, and saw the loose ribbon cable which was easy to put back in. BUT I also saw another loose ribbon cable. This went to the DoF preview switch, and also to the lens mount. This one I can't put together easily, as the ribbon cable tore apart. I can live without the DoF preview, but what does the other wires do? One way to find out. Reassembled again, I put on a lens. Half pressing the shutter... nothing. The other wires are somehow related to AF, so that is now really broken. Again, this is repairable but it will be a pain of a job to do. I'll have to give it a try at work on Monday.
Pages: 1 2