Opticallimits

Full Version: Funny Tokina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, we now expect a Tokina to be the same price as a stop faster and much more glass containing Sigma Art lens? Or be more expensive than a faster Nikkor?
(04-19-2018, 05:42 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2018, 09:14 PM)Klaus Wrote: [ -> ]The Tokina is half the weight and length of the Sigma lens ...
As much as I like Sigma lenses these days - regarding its "extension tube" it's quite pathetic really.

My point was: an unjustified price for a 3rd party lens in today's pricing landscape.

And about the size and weight... Of course it is, that is the norm anyway with lenses that are a stop faster Wink

And on the tube... It is not an extension tube (lens does not focus closer), but rather a mirrorbox-replacement-sans-mirror, or integrated adapter.

Make a guess why I put the "extension tube" in quotation marks ... ;-)
(04-19-2018, 09:56 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: [ -> ]So, we now expect a Tokina to be the same price as a stop faster and much more glass containing Sigma Art lens? Or be more expensive than a faster Nikkor?

If you're surprised about the surprisingly way too bold pricing, don't be: after all, many manufacturers thrive on this kind of thing... sometimes crossing the border way into the realm of daftness. Smile

Tokina, after all, is at least a competent manufacturer, and their example is a rather benign one. Besides, both the Nikkor and the Sigma come with some inherent caveats, the lack of which may be a value adding proposition for many. Smile
Did Tokina use the same optical design as the MF version of the lens? Lenstip shows that resolution is good, but vignetting is quite high.
(04-19-2018, 04:51 PM)borisbg Wrote: [ -> ]Did Tokina use the same optical design as the MF version of the lens? 

Yes.
Pages: 1 2