Opticallimits

Full Version: Considering Tamron 150-600 G2...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BTW anyone has an idea about the G1 ??? is it worth getting ?

davidmanze

(09-23-2018, 08:21 PM)toni-a Wrote: [ -> ]BTW anyone has an idea about the G1 ??? is it worth getting ?

No! How simple do you want it?
dave, did you ever try the 100-400? Today Tamron just released a new firmware for it, so I'm really looking forward to update my lens. I also have the 150-600, but the shorter one I do take more often (although it's not enough FL for small birds, but that goes as well for 600 - the smaller the bird, the longer the FL should be).
(09-24-2018, 07:35 AM)davidmanze Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2018, 08:21 PM)toni-a Wrote: [ -> ]BTW anyone has an idea about the G1 ??? is it worth getting ?

No! How simple do you want it?
Many thanks that's exactly what I did.
Only if this lens was on rental here , since I would need it for a maximum of 2 weekends a year during the season of migratory birds, I guess I must do with my 70-300 for the moment

davidmanze

(09-24-2018, 09:27 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: [ -> ]dave, did you ever try the 100-400? Today Tamron just released a new firmware for it, so I'm really looking forward to update my lens. I also have the 150-600, but the shorter one I do take more often (although it's not enough FL for small birds, but that goes as well for 600 - the smaller the bird, the longer the FL should be).

I spend too much time cropping to think about going to a shorter zoom range..........

...........but it does look like another good lens.........

........probably ideal for Florida......where the birds have very little fear of humans.....
Or the crocs are big enough... cropping croc. After this lens came to me, the Fuji 100-400 became more and more unemployed and had to go to the 2nd hand market. The buyer faced the same difficulties with it - and I use the 100-400 Tamron in DX mode not only for birds. Better said "hardly ever"...
Just updated the firmware. Takes much longer than any Sigma firmware (roughly 5-7 minutes), am not used to this long times.

But the result is: Before I could handheld 400 mm down 1/20, now it goes down to 1/10. Focus might be a bit snappier (tried in a dim room). It was already good before, but now it's really speedy and precise. Well done, Tamron.

davidmanze

(09-24-2018, 06:16 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated the firmware. Takes much longer than any Sigma firmware (roughly 5-7 minutes), am not used to this long times.

But the result is: Before I could handheld 400 mm down 1/20, now it goes down to 1/10. Focus might be a bit snappier (tried in a dim room). It was already good before, but now it's really speedy and precise. Well done, Tamron.

A result!
Pages: 1 2