Opticallimits

Full Version: Panasonic S1H and 24-70mm f/2.8 announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-22-2019, 11:46 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I do it on purpose: I fully deny the sense of an AA filter in front of a modern camera sensor. And you keep on telling about "fake sharpness", that also happens on purpose, no?

So, get it into your thick-walled skull that I allow myself to have a different opinion on AA filters from the moment on I saw the result of a D800E and compared it to a D800 - and now don't come around to tell, but there still is another filter. 

Everything out of the way in front of a lens and in between the lens and the sensor is good because it doesn't falsify the result. 

AA filters were necessary in the beginning of digital photgraphy because of Moiré due to interferences. I haven't seen them for quite a while now.

Also BC, what are you talking around in a Panasonic thread? You won't buy into L-mount anyway, so what's the point?  Dodgy

Yes, fake sharpness and false detail are what aliasing is.

That you do not want to understand what aliasing is, and what sampling higher frequencies than what the sensor is designed for will cause, that you want to deny all of the scientific sampling theory just because you can, makes you like a sort of globe denier, a climate change hoax yeller, a fake news touting trumpist, if you will. 

If that makes you proud, good on you!

Like I have stated before, it is FINE for you to like the fake sharpness, false detail look. But the never ending falsehoods about how "AA filters were necessary in the beginning of digital photgraphy because of Moiré due to interferences" and other nonsense like that are just bull. Just underscores, time and time again, that you have no clue about the subject, whatsoever.
(11-22-2019, 12:03 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2019, 11:46 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I do it on purpose: I fully deny the sense of an AA filter in front of a modern camera sensor. And you keep on telling about "fake sharpness", that also happens on purpose, no?

So, get it into your thick-walled skull that I allow myself to have a different opinion on AA filters from the moment on I saw the result of a D800E and compared it to a D800 - and now don't come around to tell, but there still is another filter. 

Everything out of the way in front of a lens and in between the lens and the sensor is good because it doesn't falsify the result. 

AA filters were necessary in the beginning of digital photgraphy because of Moiré due to interferences. I haven't seen them for quite a while now.

Also BC, what are you talking around in a Panasonic thread? You won't buy into L-mount anyway, so what's the point?  Dodgy

That you do not want to understand what aliasing is, and what sampling higher frequencies than what the sensor is designed for will cause, that you want to deny all of the scientific sampling theory just because you can, makes you like a sort of globe denier, a climate change hoax yeller, a fake news touting trumpist, if you will. 

Like I have stated before, it is FINE for you to like the fake sharpness, false detail look. But the never ending falsehoods about how "AA filters were necessary in the beginning of digital photgraphy because of Moiré due to interferences" and other nonsense like that are just bull. Just underscores, time and time again, that you have no clue about the subject, whatsoever.

The only thing that is underlined here is your stubbornness and your lack of insight. AA filters are relics from the dawn of digital photography, which no one needs anymore. Except for a stubborn Canon user somewhere in Holland, of course. Haven't you ever noticed that you've never been acclaimed for your AA theories? Everybody stupid except you?
(11-22-2019, 05:08 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2019, 12:03 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: [ -> ]

The only thing that is underlined here is your stubbornness and your lack of insight. AA filters are relics from the dawn of digital photography, which no one needs anymore. Except for a stubborn Canon user somewhere in Holland, of course. Haven't you ever noticed that you've never been acclaimed for your AA theories? Everybody stupid except you?

You certainly appear to be. And they are not my AA theories, it is science. Lame you are again.
I strictly believe that some AA is required for FF sensors with around 30 MP or less. My personal preference goes for higher pixel count sensor in the 40-50 MP range, on full frame. As long as the blur effect is gentle, I personally would probably not mind it, although I'm primary interested in landscapes and macro stuff, and most of the photos that I have taken, were either using a Foveon senor, or XTrans one. AA vs no AA is not my fight so far.

BTW: Saw the price of the Lumix 24-70/2.8 today. It felt like taking a cold shower...
Pages: 1 2