Opticallimits

Full Version: Nikon Neglect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

davidmanze

(11-18-2019, 09:31 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: [ -> ]I know one pro who sold his 50 mm S lens because he was very unhappy with the bokeh. And I'm not using my 50 mm Art enough to double it.

The softness you're talking about I also like, but less so the sharp contours within the transition zone. I like the picture because it is weird, but I would not like it as a portrait.

Now, here is a gallery with samples of the 14-30: https://sojujo.smugmug.com/Testshots/Nik...S/n-HxmSQJ

First the corrected and uncorrected interior shots, then a comparison with Sigma Art 14-24.

I guess I'm not rubbing shoulders with the upper echelon lenses .... having the 85mm F1.8D ( I find Optrex helps Smile) ..... so I have less demanding criteria. 
 .... and once you corrected the distortions on the Samyang 14mm F2.8 it doubles as a medium tele-photo ....

but you get used to it Smile
Indeed more uncorrected than one would expect, but not Sony or Olympus level of uncorrected.
Or, indeed, we can now say Canon level of uncorrected (that RF 24-240mm f4-6.3 IS USM):
[attachment=66]
Left is uncorrected at 24mm, right is what you see in the EVF, in JPG and corrected RAW in DPP. Not bad, a free 24mm f4 fisheye lens for free with your 24-240mm super zoom.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6