Opticallimits

Full Version: Next OL lens test report - Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
100 frames per image seems a bit excessive to me..
(03-05-2020, 02:53 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: [ -> ]100 frames per image seems a bit excessive to me..

So I thought. At first.

DoF calculator out: distance was between MFD and 15 cm, objects were Up to 20 mm deep. Shooting at f/5.6 then resulted in steps of 0.15 mm, occasionally I had to delete maybe 10 pictures from the end if the stack. And it were 15 final images - and a whole lot of test shots, too. Client was happy, that matters.
Is the Laowa 65mm macro also equipped with FEC (Frog Eye Coated) water repellent coating?
(04-17-2020, 03:10 PM)dariba Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Laowa 65mm macro also equipped with FEC (Frog Eye Coated) water repellent coating?

An update for the benefit of all. I asked this question directly to Venus OpticsĀ and they answer that this lens is without FEC but with standard coating. FEC coating is only for wide angle lenses ...
You shouldn't expect too much from FEC - overall, flare resistance isn't a highlight with Laowa lenses and this includes the wide-angles.
Pages: 1 2 3