Opticallimits

Full Version: You absolutely have to test one of these! And I mean it!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just looks at that lens, it be awesome:

https://www.dpreview.com/news/4175576597...a-body-cap
Big Grin
Impressive aperture for the thickness of the lens!

The bokeh has "character" to say the least Sick
The corners look very soft even on the smallish sample images ...
I think that is a DOF issue? Images with something in focus in a corner look okish?

Anyway, quite a pointless lens for an expensive Leica M...
As in, it only costs $1200, and true Leica people never buy something that cheap? Smile
45 grams of 18 carat gold that's 1.800$ 30% more expensive than 45 grams Aporia of lens so you actually are close to Leica prices....
(06-13-2020, 06:57 AM)Rover Wrote: [ -> ]As in, it only costs $1200, and true Leica people never buy something that cheap? Smile

As in, you don't buy an Expensive Leica to put a silly noname lens on it, but to put a Leica lens on it (or another lens that has special optical properties).
That seems to be a widespread attitude among "true" Leica people, yes. On the other hand, there is a lot of interesting and quite affordable glass available with M-mount, and if you want to use it on a digital rangefinder camera, there aren't that many choices...

MS has produced quite a few very thin lenses in the past (even though I remember the prices being quite a bit lower many years ago). Personally I can't imagine using something like this being much fun. I would probably have a hard time adjusting my muscle memory and would likely always grep the air in front of the lens when trying to focus.