Opticallimits

Full Version: iPhone 12 Pro ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/...martphones

Canon seems to be preparing a smartphone... It is not a Huawei, it is expected to have magnetic mount lenses, maybe that's what you are asking for?
Although I am sure it won't satisfy you
Toni-a, that is overly ambitious even for company the size of Canon.
(10-26-2020, 12:23 PM)borisbg Wrote: [ -> ]Toni-a, that is overly ambitious even for company the size of Canon.

As I know Canon, once there is a leak, the final product is already available.....
I am not saying there is no product.
That rumour is not about Canon "preparing a smartphone" (which indeed would seem overly ambitious), but rather an add-on lens system for phones. Not very interesting, really.
https://www.dpreview.com/sample-gallerie...7241108112

Ok, so the verdict is - the ultra-wide lens is also ultra-crap. Good. No need to move on from my Pixel 2XL then.
Klaus, can you elaborate?
Well, just look at 100% at the upper left corner of the linked image (or the corners of any other image taken with the ultra-wide camera (1.55mm) really).

I'd guess that the local corner resolution is equivalent to sub-1 megapixel.
I see what you mean. Should I understand that the optics are so bad that even excessive computational photography can't fix it?

BTW the phone as gadget is great, I got to play with it for a bit... Pictures on the on the Apple Store doesn't do justice of it s look.
(11-04-2020, 04:22 AM)Klaus Wrote: [ -> ]Well, just look at 100% at the upper left corner of the linked image (or the corners of any other image taken with the ultra-wide camera (1.55mm) really).

I'd guess that the local corner resolution is equivalent to sub-1 megapixel.

Unfortunately most people won't care because they very likely only watch their photos on their phones. The screen is so tiny, that you can't really tell the difference.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5