Opticallimits

Full Version: new compact L-/E-mount lenses from Sigma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://twitter.com/nokishita_c/status/1...2487525379

24mm F3.5 DG DN | Contemporary
35mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary
65mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary

Infinitely more attractive than the Tamrons I'd say
Great news, but this 65mm is puzzling me. I find it either too short for portraits or too long for "normal".
Why not a 50mm or a bit longer ~80mm?
Also, these 3 lenses all have different thread diameters... not very smart and definitely annoying.
What was Sigma thinking? I don't get it.
A 35/2 is pretty old school, newer ones are mostly 1.8. Smile
The 24/3.5 looks like an "eat this" to the crowd that has been clamoring for "small, slow primes". I thought this aperture / FL combo was only for TS lenses. Smile
(11-25-2020, 10:55 AM)thxbb12 Wrote: [ -> ]Great news, but this 65mm is puzzling me. I find it either too short for portraits or too long for "normal".
Why not a 50mm or a bit longer ~80mm?
Also, these 3 lenses all have different thread diameters... not very smart and definitely annoying.
What was Sigma thinking? I don't get it.

I'd say that 65mm is "just" enough.

24mm is not enough in my book though ;-)
They look really nice with the aperture ring...
Like them. I am curious what is actual size and weight of these.

To me, very interesting is 65mm, funny enough. While I like to do portrait work with traditional 85mm (in my case 45 Oly), it is often too long indoors. So fast 65-70mm is a focal lenght that I miss. 65/2 seems to fit the bill.

Now if only there would be a solid ~32/1.4 available in MFT world. ? LBA in action.
(11-25-2020, 05:00 PM)MatjazO Wrote: [ -> ]Like them. I am curious what is actual size and weight of these.

To me, very interesting is 65mm, funny enough. While I like to do portrait work with traditional 85mm (in my case 45 Oly), it is often too long indoors. So fast 65-70mm is a focal lenght that I miss. 65/2 seems to fit the bill.

Now if only there would be a solid ~32/1.4 available in MFT world. ? LBA in action.

Sigma 30/1.4? Oh well, it's not a 32. Smile
Interestingly enough is that 65/2 only the second 65mm lens in recent memory, after the stupendous (but manual) Voigtländer. (I don't really count the Canon MP-E because in that case the focal length is really irrelevant.
40mm lenses (Canon, Voigtlander, Nikkor, Sigma Art) on APS-C give ~65mm FF FOV. Maybe that is how they got there :-O
Good point. ;-) Sigma 30/1,4 is an option. It is big for what it is, though. Considered it, but decided against.
So they are calling these the "I series" it seems.

ASAP in this theatre. Not sure whether to test them on E or L mount ...
Pages: 1 2