Opticallimits

Full Version: Cool Canon EOS R5 modification from Kolari Vision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

davidmanze

(06-23-2021, 03:36 PM)wim Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2021, 12:51 PM)davidmanze Wrote: [ -> ] Are you saying that even if the camera malfunctions due to a faulty sensor/card slot/ shutter ......... "or any other failure unconnected to the conversion" Kolar vision will pay for it out of their own pocket ??
   If that's the case (which I'm sure it isn't) ....... don't expect them to stay in business too long ........

The question was: 

Will Canon honour their guarantee on a Kolar vision modified R5 camera ??
Kolari is a very well respected company, which has been doing very successful IR conversions of many types of cameras for many years already, with very good service.
This is a minor conversion compared to those IR ones, where you'd have to take apart the sensor elements, and take the camera apart much further than the heat shield, which, BTW, is overkill, relatively speaking, compared to what a bunch of sites have suggested for you to do. Plus, you can be sure it is done by professionals.

Basically Kolari, as a US company, offers the same warranty as Canon offers, on the entire camera, not just the conversion or addition.

You are a little too sceptical/cynical here, David ...

Kind regards, Wim

If that's the case then it's a bargain !! ............ btw ..... pessimists are rarely disappointed ...............
(06-23-2021, 03:53 PM)davidmanze Wrote: [ -> ]If that's the case then it's a bargain !! ............ btw ..... pessimists are rarely disappointed ...............
Very true, but then pessimist are rarely ever overjoyed either, because they expect the worst even when the best comes true, in, that can't be true ... Big Grin

I prefer to be an optimistic realist <ROFL>
I'd rather be a realistic optimist haha

davidmanze

(06-23-2021, 05:37 PM)wim Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2021, 03:53 PM)davidmanze Wrote: [ -> ]If that's the case then it's a bargain !! ............ btw ..... pessimists are rarely disappointed ...............
Very true, but then pessimist are rarely ever overjoyed either, because they expect the worst even when the best comes true, in, that can't be true ... Big Grin

I prefer to be an optimistic realist <ROFL>

..... pessimists are generally professional people ....... like the fire services for example ....... they turn up prepared for the worst ...... get it, are rarely disappointed ...... and put out the fire !!!!

....... whereas optimists would look at the fire and say ..... " leave it ..... it looks like rain  .. that will be alright it will go out by itself  !!"

However:

........ knowing we are mortal and the universe is going to end ...... an optimistic realist's reply to these issues would be ....... 

........ "Yeah, I know ........ but it's such fun guessing when !!  Smile

(06-23-2021, 05:38 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather be a realistic optimist haha

even though your mortal !! ............ Smile
My mortal what? ;-)

Pessimistic firemen would go "Oh don't bother, that fire is too far progressed.. Nothing we can do, no one we can save". Optimistic firemen have the notion that there is something to strive for, like saving lives, or preventing more damage.

davidmanze

My mortal what? ;-)

........ coil !! ....... (as in "to shuffle off one's mortal coil" !)

"Pessimistic firemen would go "Oh don't bother, that fire is too far progressed.. Nothing we can do, no one we can save". Optimistic firemen have the notion that there is something to strive for, like saving lives, or preventing more damage."

My pessimist fire brigade got there first !! .......... Smile
Ah, even though I damaged my this mortal coil CD beyond repair years ago? Yeah, that was a small tragedy, one that turned me into a pessimist for at least one hour.

davidmanze

(06-24-2021, 07:33 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, even though I damaged my this mortal coil CD beyond repair years ago? Yeah, that was a small tragedy, one that turned me into a pessimist for at least one hour.

CD ??
Yeah, I am not a vinyl kind of guy.

davidmanze

(06-24-2021, 07:46 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I am not a vinyl kind of guy.

Ah, tangential riddles ....... Smile
Pages: 1 2