Opticallimits

Full Version: Laowa 85mm f/5.6 2x Ultra Macro APO announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.venuslens.net/product/laowa-...macro-apo/

And soon to be seen in this theatre. ;-) I'm currently testing it.
Neat specialty lens...
To be nicknamed "pencil" for the the dimensions. Smile
Seems to be another impressive Laowa. I bought the Laowa 65 for Fuji some months ago, and I´m very very happy with that lens.
The concept is easy, and it shouldn't be complicated to do, however none of the big manufacturers decided making one for a good financial reason: sales volume. However this shouldn't matter much for a niche company like laowa, personally I wouldn't swap my 100mmf2.8 macro for this one but it's maybe I rarely use for macro and I use it more like a portraits lens Big Grin.
Obviously some exceptional macro capabilities are expected.
Now for the test, I don't know how informative the tests at medium focus distance should be will focus breathing be measured ?? will actual resolution and performance at 1:2 be measured ? but maybe some samples at this distance would do the job (as long as Klaus stays away from Austarlian spiders Big Grin)
I'm curious because it looks nice, but Phillip Reeve pointed out a couple of disappointing pitfalls..
(12-02-2021, 08:21 PM)stoppingdown Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious because it looks nice, but Phillip Reeve pointed out a couple of disappointing pitfalls..

So did Christopher Frost.