Opticallimits

Full Version: I missed this one ... Atoll Ultra-Wide 2.8/17 Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://shop.lomography.com/en/lenses/at...e-art-lens

I don't know whether I missed much though ;-)
A 17mm prime reminds me of the old Tokina 17/3.5. I had it for a while and maybe I should've kept it (but I'm hoarding enough lenses as it is). It even got a HR on the site known as Photozone, once. Smile
«1 × Sony E Mount close–up lens adapter for Lomography Atoll Ultra–Wide 2.8/17 Art Lens»

I didn't understand whether it's an additional lens or an extension tube.

Ok, I got it now. Curious.
(12-18-2021, 06:30 PM)Rover Wrote: [ -> ]A 17mm prime reminds me of the old Tokina 17/3.5. I had it for a while and maybe I should've kept it (but I'm hoarding enough lenses as it is). It even got a HR on the site known as Photozone, once. Smile

The good ol 8mp times ;-)
Doesn't really look interesting especially with price and presence of serious competitors
Why should I get this one rather than Samyang 14mmf2.8 wider, close size and known good performer or OEM Canon 16mmf2.8 offering compact size and autofocus exif and correction data, aperture coupling, especially I will be paying extra money
(12-18-2021, 08:16 PM)stoppingdown Wrote: [ -> ]«1 × Sony E Mount close–up lens adapter for Lomography Atoll Ultra–Wide 2.8/17 Art Lens»

I didn't understand whether it's an additional lens or an extension tube.

Ok, I got it now. Curious.

I still don't get it. Is it an M-mount to other mount adapter, which is too thick so they call it a "close-up lens base", which makes the lens unusable for normal "infinity" photography? So you have to buy your own M-mount to RF/Z/E-mount adapter too?
(12-23-2021, 08:51 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: [ -> ]Is it an M-mount to other mount adapter, which is too thick so they call it a "close-up lens base", which makes the lens unusable for normal "infinity" photography? So you have to buy your own M-mount to RF/Z/E-mount adapter too?

It is like that, in my understanding. Now I'm waiting from some review to confirm that, and reveal some other info.