Opticallimits

Full Version: Yongnuo lenses and compatibilty with Canon RF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Purchased Yongnuo 35mmf2.0 for dirt cheap, and it's a tiny little  fast enough lens with rather good optics, so it looked like a great deal 
However using it yesterday compatibility issues  started arising :
Most shots are great but some have underexposure issues.
Autofocus can be good but sometimes when face detection is activated the lens hunts and I have to switch to manual focus to gain time as manual focus on EOSRP is extremely easy
the lens started desintegrating, the rubber of the zoom ring fell down... not promising, this is what you have for a 50$ lens

davidmanze

(03-07-2022, 07:29 AM)toni-a Wrote: [ -> ]the lens started desintegrating, the rubber of the zoom ring fell down... not promising, this is what you have for a 50$ lens

Well, I've always thought that older used OEM lenses were a better bet than those cheapie early style Yongnuo lenses, which really cheapened down on everything both optically and mechanically ...... (although it does I think have a metal mount ?)
(03-09-2022, 11:52 AM)davidmanze Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2022, 07:29 AM)toni-a Wrote: [ -> ]the lens started desintegrating, the rubber of the zoom ring fell down... not promising, this is what you have for a 50$ lens

Well, I've always thought that older used OEM lenses were a better bet than those cheapie early style Yongnuo lenses, which really cheapened down on both optically and mechanically ...... (although it does I think have a metal mount ?)

I would happily bought Canon 35mm f2.0 had I found one, Qatar is such a tiny market....

davidmanze

(03-09-2022, 08:16 PM)toni-a Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2022, 11:52 AM)davidmanze Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, I've always thought that older used OEM lenses were a better bet than those cheapie early style Yongnuo lenses, which really cheapened down on both optically and mechanically ...... (although it does I think have a metal mount ?)

I would happily bought Canon 35mm f2.0 had I found one, Qatar is such a tiny market....
 Oh right !!