Opticallimits

Full Version: Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.7 ported to Fuji
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
500mm ;-)
Nice, but quite big.
I suspect the Tamron 50-400mm F4.5-6.3 will follow. That one will be more interesting I think.
Yes, only 500mm. And it's the same weight of the Fujifilm super-tele, more or less, it has no weight advantage as e.g. it happens for the SEL200600G (*). But it is 500 bucks cheaper.

(*) BTW, I just bought it. But this is a topic for the other forum.
The Tamron is probably a better choice for the X-H2 at least. At f/6.7 it can at least approach the resolution of the sensor - theoretically.
Fun thing is, I keep hearing that this lens is f/6.3 until the last few millimetres. Wonder why they couldn't/ wouldn't just shave these off, round up and market it as f/6.3, which probably sits better with the user base (after all, f/6.3 has seemingly been accepted - if grudgingly - as a "valid" max aperture in lieu of f/5.6, but everything narrower is still frowned upon).

Wonder what else they'll bring to Z mount. I'm still eyeing that with interest, and the 50-400 would make a killer two-lens combo with a wideangle ... At least in theory.