Opticallimits

Full Version: next OL lens test - Canon RF 800mm f/11 IS STM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

davidmanze

(06-19-2023, 11:48 PM)Klaus Wrote: [ -> ]I think the only aspect to keep in mind here is the simple fact that you can at least get decently fast 600mm zoom lenses for reasonable money.
If I had to choose between the Canon RF 800mm f/11 and the Sony 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3, I for one, would have a clear preference.
Of course, that's irrelevant within the Canon scope, but then Canon is a choice as well.
  If you are shooting Canon the lens road map is somewhat more limited, there are no 150/200-600mm zoom lenses at similar prices to the 800mm F11, the nearest is the 100-500mm which at the long end terminates at F7.1 and costs an arm and a leg ...... and no TPM glass either!
 So Canon have got you by the short and curlies ...... Smile
And now Nikon joins the 600mm game. Smile
No, I'm totally not regretting skipping the RF system altogether, although there are some nice(-looking) lenses there. I don't owe it to Canon to follow their every zigzag though, even though I've been a user for 16 years (and counting).
Same for me for Nikon.
Pages: 1 2