Opticallimits

Full Version: Meike AF 85mm f/1.4 E / Z announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After the inflation of 35mm and 50mm, now it's 85mm turn?
85mm f/1.4s are at least more exciting than the 50s.
Definitely.
This is a very interesting development.  It either means they cracked the RF code, they reached an agreement with Canon or they are going to battle it out in court with them.
(11-12-2023, 05:59 PM)frankabrahams Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very interesting development.  It either means they cracked the RF code, they reached an agreement with Canon or they are going to battle it out in court with them.

From what I have heard, it is an agreement.
Well, if you look on Meike's website you may notice something ...

https://meikeglobal.com/collections/auto...focus-lens
(11-13-2023, 12:42 AM)Klaus Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you look on Meike's website you may notice something ...

https://meikeglobal.com/collections/auto...focus-lens

It has type-c firmware upgrade port ! that's more practical than the Sigma dock station
Seems that a number of manufacturers have moved to USB-C on the lens. Makes me wonder about the sealing aspect.

However, what I meant was - Meike doesn't offer an R-mount version on their own shopping website anymore ...
(11-13-2023, 08:46 AM)Klaus Wrote: [ -> ]Seems that a number of manufacturers have moved to USB-C on the lens. Makes me wonder about the sealing aspect.

My phone is waterproof yet has USB-C connection for charging. I used it several times for underwater photography, awaited water to dry then charged it without any issues. Only saltwater was a problem and had to replace charger after charging became non reliable (I needed to plug the charger several times before it worked and subsequently changed it)
So USB-C wouldn't affect weather proofing and I wouldn't worry about this.

As for the Canon and third party saga I guess it has been already widely discussed. FWIW the price of this lens is close to RF 85mmf2.0 IS macro and personally I wouldn't swap mine with this one, but this has nothing to do with Canon and third party offerings discussion.
Pages: 1 2