Opticallimits

Full Version: Sigma 10-18mm f/2.8 DC coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In this specific niche Tokina has been the best player for a long time, although Sigma 10-20f3.5 was an excellent lens, Tokina 11--18f2.8 has been here for a long period, Tokina 11-16 and 11-20 have been here for ages already and they are underrated IMHO
Good to see Sigma catching up
Let's see how its performance will be
The lens is so small for what it is, it reminds me of a Laowa :-)
Hopefully the IQ will be good. If it is, I'd be very very tempted to get one to replace my Fuji 14 f2.8!
I think many of Fuji's own zoom lenses (and some primes as well) are way overrated. So it's good that the 3rd party manufacturers are coming in now.

FWIW, I've just finished testing the Tamron 11-20mm f/2.8 - and it's pretty awesome.

I hope that Sigma or Tamron will also come up with a light-weight APS-C telezoom option at some stage.
Being the same size of the Sony 10-18mm, but one stop brighter, I'm curious about vignetting performance...
The native distortion is probably interesting too. :-)
(10-05-2023, 08:49 AM)stoppingdown Wrote: [ -> ]Being the same size of the Sony 10-18mm, but one stop brighter, I'm curious about vignetting performance...

when speaking of vignetting I prefer comparing both lenses at f4, most of the time f2.8 lens stepped to f4 has less vignetting than f4 lens wide open, we need to verify though, and even if difference is up to 1 f stop you are still a winner with Sigma
I presume at ƒ/4 it will be better. But if they sell me a ƒ/2.8 lens I'd like to see how usable it is wide open. For instance, the Sigma 18-50mm ƒ/2.8 is quite usable at full aperture at standard distances, but often close up shots (and Sigma does advertise the short minimum focusing distance) wide open are unusable.
Is this lens on the list for testing?
Pages: 1 2