Opticallimits

Full Version: New main portal launched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you happen to go to the opticallimits.com main portal, you will notice that things have changed a little.

Please note that this is still a work in progress - including some bugs - but I wanted to get over this now. This has been hovering for way too long (years). I never found the time to sort-of finalize the new portal due to the need for ongoing reviews.

I will fix issues along the way. Please be patient. :-)

Some legacy content, namely the DSLR stuff, will remain on photozone.de, but I've removed the 1st gen reviews except for those that are of "historical" significance.  Sorry, but sometimes we have to let things go.
Ohh... and I never did get around to store all these old reviews. I kind of liked to read some of them, there were some truly exotic lenses there. After all, we can't hope to see my favourite Canon 24-85 to be reviewed on a high MP FF body, can we. Big Grin
BTW the (new) site demands me to log in every time I visit. When I (predictably) press Cancel, I can view the pages just fine but there's a small overlay with a spinning "progress indicator" remaining.
[Image: 2iUwXodY_Ww.jpg?size=1920x1040&quality=9...type=album]
Hmm. I cannot sign in at all. Throws me out and presents the sign-in window over and over again, but I cannot get past it.

Is this maybe because of my incredibly short user name, only 3 characters?
Looks Great! Thanks!
(01-14-2024, 03:49 PM)wim Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. I cannot sign in at all. Throws me out and presents the sign-in window over and over again, but I cannot get past it.

Is this maybe because of my incredibly short user name, only 3 characters?

I can enter the reviews displayed on the first page, but clicking to load more pops up the sign-in window, which is impossible.
Login?

Where's a login?

Ahhh, I tried to secure a directory - and it seems that this directory is required for auto-loading of content ... odd.

I removed this - should work now.

As far as the spinner is concerned - I can't recreate this one. Maybe an issue with a browser plugin?

PS: I'm not convinced by Wordpress really ... but the engine of the old site was in a composting state by now.
Wordpress is okay. The media I'm working in has the site done in Wordpress, and it does the job. But we do nothing fancy really.

The spinner appeared after a cancelled login. It does appear now but promptly vanishes after the page has finished loading.

And Klaus... I trust that at least you have archived the old reviews somewhere on your PC? I can't bear to know the review of the Canon 35-350/3.5-5.6L on 350D (hmm... so many 35s in that sentence) is gone forever. Smile But in fact, I've seriously re-read your review of the Sigma 180/3.5 macro just a couple weeks ago, when I was thinking that maybe I could be getting a cheap macro lens down the line...
(01-14-2024, 08:56 PM)Klaus Wrote: [ -> ]Login?

Where's a login?

Ahhh, I tried to secure a directory - and it seems that this directory is required for auto-loading of content ... odd.

I removed this - should work now.

As far as the spinner is concerned - I can't recreate this one. Maybe an issue with a browser plugin?

PS: I'm not convinced by Wordpress really ... but the engine of the old site was in a composting state by now.

It is working fine now. I don't even get the spinner anymore.

Thank you kindly, much appreciated!

Warm regards, Wim
I think the Nikon Z 35mm review is missing now... Or did I have a dream about there being a review of it?
One thing I notice is the sidebar with the recent posts is missing.

I kind of take that back. You have to go all the way to the OpticalLimits tab to see the recent posts. They are not under the Forums tab.
Pages: 1 2